Oklahoma City, OK Paid
The Oklahoma Pork Council is seeking a passionate, motivated and professional college student studying agriculture or a related field to serve as our summer intern for 2024.
In this position, the chosen candidate will help plan and execute a variety of exciting Oklahoma Pork Council events and campaigns to promote the industry and serve members. The intern will work with the Oklahoma Pork Council staff to gain valuable knowledge related to Oklahoma’s pork industry, learn the inner workings of an agricultural producer organization, and bolster professional skills including communications, event planning, time management, networking and more. Portions of the internship will be catered to the specific student’s career interests and strengths such as youth development, public policy, photography or videography.
This experience will last approximately 12 weeks during the 2024 summer break. A 40-hour work week will be expected, featuring in-person collaboration at the Oklahoma Pork Council office in Oklahoma City, limited remote work as relevant, and occasional overnight travel to special meetings and events.
Any Oklahoma-based college student majoring in agriculture or a related field is eligible to apply. No formal communications training is required, but the internship will include writing assignments for the organization's publications and other content creation. Communications samples may be requested during the interview process.
Compensation will include $2,500 per month (based on 40 hours of work per week) and covered expenses for any Oklahoma Pork Council related travel.
Applicants should possess the following:
• Passion for the pork industry and agriculture community
• Motivation to join a close, collaborative team
• High degree of professional skills and accountability
• Attention to detail planning and executing events • Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interest in working with farmers, youth and other key audiences in the state
• Ability to mostly work inperson in Oklahoma City
• Potential to work on a remote basis as relevant
• Availability for occasional overnight travel as needed
To apply, send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position to Ashton Mese Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2024.
Interviews will be scheduled with top candidates, and a hiring announcement will be made in February.