Full-Time • Closes Feb. 29
Farm Journal Foundation is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to advance global food and nutrition security, sustainable agriculture, and rural economic development. We believe in a future where food systems work for everyone – farmers, consumers, businesses, and the environment. To achieve this vision, the Foundation acts as a connector and convener, bringing together stakeholders from across food and agriculture to advance solutions to pressing global challenges.
We are seeking an individual to join our team as a Communications and Events Manager, reporting to our Vice President of Communications and working closely with our Strategic Partnerships and Government Affairs teams. This position will be responsible for developing our organizational strategy for Foundation events and speaking engagements at external conferences. This position will explore potential branding and partnership opportunities with outside organizations, and support messaging, logistics, and execution of various in-house events, such as research paper launches, in-state events with members of Congress, and industry and international events such as COP28 and the World Food Prize.
For this role, we are looking for an outgoing individual who can help us build our network with partner organizations, as well as a skilled problem-solver who can think on their feet and take initiative on strategic projects. Experience with web streaming technology, video recording, or photography is a plus, or a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will have a background in communications, events management, or journalism. An interest in agriculture, food systems, environmental issues, and/or government policy would be an added bonus.
This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in the U.S. Some travel within the U.S. will be required.
● Develop an organization-wide events strategy, incorporating events organized by Farm Journal Foundation and speaking engagements at outside partner events.
● Maintain a long-term calendar of agricultural and international development events, and develop a network of relevant industry contacts, in conjunction with our Strategic Partnerships and Government Affairs teams. Use these tools to support the booking of speaking engagements for our Farmer Ambassadors, Veterinary Ambassadors, and senior staff at outside conferences and industry events.
● Lead project management and execution of various events hosted by the Foundation, including researching and booking speakers and venues, creating promotional materials, building invite lists, preparing and managing on-site logistics, and overseeing post-event follow-up.
● Handle technical and behind-the-scenes work, including managing web streaming or video recording of some events, taking photos, and supporting social media. This may also include running Zoom and YouTube Live for virtual events.
Collaborate with the team to develop messaging and talking points for certain events.
● Other duties as needed.
● Bachelor’s degree and approximately 5 years of experience in events management or working in communications, project management, journalism, or related fields.
● Outgoing, positive individual who can help us build our partner network.
● Strong communication skills and ability to independently problem solve.
● Skilled project manager who can work collaboratively and constructively with remote team members.
● Experience with (or willingness to learn) web streaming and video recording technology.
● Experience with (or willingness to learn) graphic design and email marketing programs such as Canva, Adobe Creative software, and Constant Contact, to support the creation of our event marketing materials.
● Experience with (or willingness to learn) working with social media in a professional capacity, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube Live.
● Ability to take photographs (or willingness to learn) at Foundation events.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify “Events Manager” in the subject line of your message.
Compensation and Benefits
Farm Journal Foundation offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Location: U.S.-based, remote. Some domestic U.S. travel may be required.