Stillwater, OK • Full-Time • Bachelor's Degree Required
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
* Provide professional, technical educational materials in partnership with the County Training Program team for use with county government officials, state agencies, Oklahoma State University, and the public.
* Serve as liaison between OSU, State Auditor & Inspector, Association of County Commissioners of Oklahoma, County Officers and Deputies Association of Oklahoma, Oklahoma Sheriffs Association, and other university and governmental partners to conduct and coordinate research activities and facilitate collaboration and writing/updating of handbooks for county government officials plus the County Purchasing Procedures Handbook.
* Research and writing will necessarily include reading legal materials such as the Oklahoma Statutes, Constitution, and court cases regarding and putting them into layman terms with the assistance of those persons and organizations listed in the point above.
* Compile reports and newsletters regarding activities, progress, and accomplishments of the County Training Program for various internal and external audiences.
* Assist the program leader with preparation of requests for proposals, grants, contracts, applications for awards, and similar activities.
* Use Microsoft Office tools and other software to write and update county officer handbooks, reports, newsletters, etc.
* Use desktop publishing and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.) to prepare exhibits/posters, brochures, pamphlets, handbooks, mail-outs, event/meeting announcements, and public notices.
* Prepare and present short-courses or workshops to county elected officials and potentially other adult audiences on preparation of letters, notices, newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, fact sheets, and such. Coordinate and/or develop virtual and/or on-site events and outreach for diverse external stakeholder groups of varying technical backgrounds.
* Assist CTP Local Government Specialists with creation and use of educational materials using various technologies including audio and video. These may include Zoom, webpages, Facebook, YouTube and other outlets.
*Oral and written communications are the key purpose of this position. This includes planning, organizing, leading, and reporting.