Remote • Paid • Application Due June 15
The Market Development division at the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry is seeking a part-time paid intern for the remainder of the summer and the 2022 fall semester. The social media intern will help support marketing initiatives and work closely with staff of the Oklahoma Agritourism and Made in Oklahoma programs. The primary objective of this role is to grow brand awareness, increase economic development, and engage consumers and online audiences for both programs which benefit Oklahoma producers.
Hours: Hours per week range from 10-25 depending on individual schedule and ODAFF events. Pay: $10 an hour
- Create social media content for two programs in the Market Development division at ODAFF: Oklahoma Agritourism program and Made in Oklahoma program.
- Grow a strong social media presence through digital content including but not limited to: Facebook posts, Instagram posts, Instagram stories, Instagram reels, etc.
- Create rough draft social media calendars, copy and graphics.
- Photograph agritourism venues, Made in Oklahoma products and Market Development events.
- Communicate with producers from each program to gather information for digital content.
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with program coordinators to discuss strategic planning.
- Attend monthly meetings in person with program coordinators to discuss strategic planning.
- Other duties could include staffing state fairs, writing blog posts, digital newsletters, etc.
Intern will be responsible for tracking time spent on content and reporting to program coordinators.
This is a remote position, but intern will have optional traveling opportunities.
Please submit the following items to email@example.com by June 15, 2022:
- One mock post (Facebook or Instagram) for the Oklahoma Agritourism program. The theme for this mock post is about u-pick blueberry farms in Oklahoma. Information about the program can be found at oklahomaagritourism.com.
- One mock post (Facebook or Instagram) for the Made in Oklahoma program. The goal for this mock post is to highlight one of the Made in Oklahoma companies. Information about the program can be found at madeinoklahoma.net.
-5 photography samples