Oklahoma, OK • Full-Time • Bachelor’s Degree Required
Oklahoma Farm Report, based in Oklahoma City, is looking to fill the position of Associate Director of Farm Programming. Our Network broadcasts across Oklahoma and portions of Kansas, Missouri, Texas and New Mexico.
We are seeking someone that has excellent writing skills with a broad knowledge of Agriculture that can write up daily stories and post them to the web. Some of stories the successful candidate will write will be based on audio Q&A from our broadcast team.
You will work directly with our farm broadcast team- including our Senior Farm Broadcaster
Ron Hays and our Farm Director, KC Sheperd.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· A keen interest in agriculture news, current affairs, business, and people
· Accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
· Good organization skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
· An ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple, concise language
· resilience, determination, flexibility, persistence, motivation, and integrity.
· Fact-check and Carry out research on topics assigned to them.
· Convert the information acquired into readable, easy-to-understand content tailored to our specific audience.
· Excellent computer skills with a fundamental knowledge of computer systems and the operation of word processors, email, and spreadsheets.
What we will provide:
· Editing software (adobe audition, cool edit),
· All recording/editing equipment.
See attachment for more information!