Gainesville, FL • Full-Time • Bachelor's Degree Required
The Director of Development is the administrative leader of the Florida FFA Foundation (hereafter known as “the Foundation”). The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing fundraising programs and initiatives of the Foundation, assisting in coordinating the development and implementation of the Foundation’s strategic plan, and conducting community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board Governance: Work with board to fulfill the Foundation’s mission.
Lead the Foundation in a manner that supports and guides the Foundation’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Communicate effectively with the Board and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the Foundation.
Manage the fiscal integrity of the Foundation, to include submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial
condition of the Foundation and the results of fundraising and charitable outreach..
Secure gifts and donations to support the Foundation’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Work with board and staff to ensure that the Foundation’s mission is fulfilled through resources, programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
Implement Foundation programs.
Coordinate strategic planning efforts to ensure that the Foundation can successfully fulfill its
mission into the future.
Enhance the Foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working
closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
· Coordinate fundraising activities with the Leadership Training Center Director to avoid duplication of effort and maximize total contributions to the foundation when applicable.
Organization Operations. Oversee the Foundation’s business procedures in concert with the Board.
Hire, supervise, and evaluate competent, qualified fundraising staff, as approved by the Board.
Sign all notes, agreements, and other instruments as authorized by the Foundation.
Must possess a strong understanding and in depth knowledge of the Florida FFA Association, and National FFA Association.
A bachelor’s degree
Transparent and high integrity leadership
Three or more years of management experience
Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
Ability to convey a vision of the Foundation’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
Strong public speaking ability
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
· Propose and manage of the Foundation’s annual fundraising budget.
· Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the Foundation.
· Serve as the Foundation’s primary spokesperson to constituents, the media and the general public.
· Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Foundation’s mission.
· Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors in policy decisions, fundraising, and increasing the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout Florida.
· Supervise, evaluate, and work effectively with Foundation staff.
· Coordinate the development and implementation of the Foundation’s strategic plan.
· Coordinate Board, committee, and other meetings of the Foundation.
· Coordinate fundraising events and other special events, such as the Florida FFA Hall of Fame Recognition Program.
· Coordinate and assist with Foundation and Board communications efforts.
· Review and approve contracts for services, as authorized by the Board.
· Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Compensation Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health, retirement plan and PTO
Email resumes to: William E. Hamm firstname.lastname@example.org