Oklahoma City, OK • Full-Time • Bachelor's Degree Required
The Oklahoma Beef Council (OBC) is accepting applications for the Director of Communications. This full-time position is primarily responsible for the oversight, implementation and evaluation of consumer and communications programs for the Oklahoma Beef Council (OBC). The position also has the responsibility of assisting with activities and outreach designed to reach influencer groups including producers and general consumers. This position will be based out of the Oklahoma City office.
· Work with all program areas to implement, manage and evaluate communications programs directed to consumer audiences congruent with Beef Industry Long Range plan/OBC Strategic outcomes.
· Develop comprehensive communications plan by customizing beef industry long range plan for local markets and audiences.
· Establish and maintain relationships with influential consumers and media, including food bloggers.
· Write and edit communications pieces as needed such as press releases, position statements, articles for publication, online resources, brochures, and newsletters.
· Serve as OBC's consumer public relations representative to the public, allied organizations, and the media providing responses when requested.
· Manage and coordinate online programs and initiatives for consumer audiences including internet, video, and social media networking.
· Support OBC influencer-focused programs by creating a social media strategy for influencer events and identifying key influencer targets.
· Work with Executive Director and OBC staff to implement the issues management plans in conjunction with the NCBA Issues Management Team.
· Manage OBC media monitoring and communications’ evaluation tools.
· Interface with all OBC strategy areas to determine and fulfill their consumer communication and public relations needs.
· Manage and coordinate paid media programs for OBC strategies alongside NCBA. This includes writing ad copy, preparing video ads and placing digital ads through Meta Business Suite.
· Monitor, manage and evaluate all budgets in the consumer communications and promotion strategy to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of checkoff dollars.
· Work closely with staff from the national organization, other state beef councils and complementary organizations, to share communication related information and execute programs.
· Support and extend the overall vision and mission of OBC priorities and the beef industry.
· Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a 4-year college degree preferably in communications, public relations, journalism or related curriculum.
At least three years of experience within the communication field is preferred.
Must have integrated communication skills and experience planning and implementing communications campaigns and programs and efforts including public relations, website and online outreach.
Must have strong writing and computer skills and knowledge of communications/social media evaluation metrics.
A passion for food with experience in and knowledge of the food industry/beef industry is preferred.
Nutrition knowledge would be beneficial.
Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of company and industry representatives, verbally and in writing.
Must be an organized, self-starter, with the ability to prioritize in order to handle multiple tasks and work within deadlines.
Interested applicants: Send resume and cover letter to Heather Buckmaster at email@example.com