Ames, IA • Full-Time • Bachelor's Degree Required
Farm, Food, and Enterprise Development(FFED) with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is seeking candidates for a Communications Specialist II. This individual will be responsible for creating and updating visually appealing websites. Additional communication outreach will include social media, multiple newsletters, promotional materials, podcast editing and dissemination and basic desktop publishing.
This is a regular with term appointment(fixed term) position with the opportunity for renewal.
Works on internal and external communications projects. Provides general customer relations information to external clients or customers, usually not dealing with sensitive subject matter. May assist in providing communication consultation to internal departments.
Example of Duties
• Composes, reviews, edits, produces, and duplicates audio, visual, video, and/or printed program materials for distribution to target audiences.
• Reviews and/or edits layouts, drafts, and information in order to check for content, readability, and style.
• Works on internal and external communications projects, including website and intranet creation, management of media, public relations and press releases.
• Conducts the required research and analysis to prepare presentations and scripts/speeches for management.
• Provides general customer relations information to external clients or customers, usually not dealing with sensitive subject matter.
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining internal and external policies and programs to ensure that the organization is represented positively to the media, the general public, and stakeholders including media relations, company branding, events management, and internal employee communications.
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter