Athens Area, GA • Full-Time • 2-Year Degree, or Professional Certificate Required
The Communications and Public Relations Coordinator at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia will be responsible for producing print and digital materials that promote exhibits, events, education and research at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia. They will meet regularly with the garden director and unit directors to generate news stories that can be distributed by the University of Georgia to print and digital media across the state. Stories also will appear on the garden’s web site, the Public Service and Outreach web site and on the UGA Today news page on the university web site. This position will work closely with the development director to generate stories about gifts to the garden and programs that need private support, and with the garden’s graphic designer on promotional materials.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
• Strong writing and proofreading skills.
• Understanding of and experience in social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Experience with WordPress.
• Knowledge of AP Style.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task.