Cheyenne, WY • Paid
Position Summary The Wyoming Stock Growers Land Trust is seeking candidates with a passion for communication and event planning. The Communications and Events Intern will be an ambassador for the Land Trust, creating a variety of communication pieces for print and web, as well as assisting in preparation and execution of community and fundraising events. This internship is designed to provide an in-depth experience in feature writing, social media management and outreach material, along with event planning tasks including vendor coordination, marketing material, registration, event support and more.
As a part of the Wyoming Stock Growers Land Trust team, you will be exposed to the beauty of Wyoming and its wonderful people, while assisting us in furthering our mission of conserving Wyoming’s working agricultural land.
- Assist in managing and updating resources for print and web use, including landowner information packets, presentations, and slide decks
- Assist with creating digital content for our social media platforms and tracking analytics for each (google analytics, business suite analytics)
- Assist with website updates
- Creation of landowner stories, press releases, and articles
- Creation of feature stories for 25th Anniversary Exhibit
- Assist in locating and organizing material from our collection for 25th Anniversary Exhibit
- Assist in planning and execution of small community events and our Annual Roundup Fundraiser and BBQ
- Assist in event related tasks such as seeking event sponsorships and auction items, creation of marketing material and signage, coordination of vendors,
registration management and other duties as assigned
- Participate in team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Current undergraduate students in agriculture, communications, or a related degree program
- Ability to travel (some day trips and overnight trips required) throughout the summer as needed
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud Programs (InDesign & Photoshop preferred, Premier Pro a bonus), Canva and WordPress
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member
- Ability to communicate professionally with peers, landowners, supporters, and partner organizations
Details: The internship will run from mid-May to the end of August, with the potential to start part-time, remote work in April. Part-time during the spring semester would equate to 5-10 hours a week. It is anticipated that the candidate will continue this position as a full-time employee averaging 40 hours a week from May to August.
Location: Remote/Partially remote April through mid-May. Primarily based in Cheyenne from May to August.
Salary: This is a temporary, non-exempt paid position, with an opportunity to earn course credit. Salary dependent on experience.
To apply: Please email a resume, cover letter, one writing or graphic art sample, and a list of 3 references with the subject line “Communications and Events Internship Application” to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024.
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews scheduled, during the month of March.
Please direct any questions to our Development and Outreach Manager, Sarah, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 307.772.8751