Stillwater, OK • Paid • January 11 Start Date
Internship Project Details
Seeking two interns to assist in the planning, promotion & social media of a Virtual Citizen Science Expo in April 2021. This is part of a project to work with rural and small librarians to plan water-themed informal science learning events and programs. See more at: www.spottyrain.org
Attend planning meetings with stakeholders
Create professional deliverables: social media graphics, event flyers, posters, and other graphic design pieces and webinar/virtual space materials.
Coordinate with Water Resource Center staff to coordinate WRC promotions
Draft and write press releases and news articles
● Experience with AP style, Illustrator, InDesign, photography
● Ability to manage social media platforms.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, including interviewing skills.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and press release writing.
● Ability to work independently and willingness to be a team player.
● Willingness to learn from others and gain knowledge about the water resources
Paid rate: $9 /hr, up to 20 hr/wk max Dates of employment: Spring 2021 Academic Semester Potential start date: January 11, 2021 Experience gained: Writing, graphic design, editing, social media, event marketing
To apply submit: Cover letter Resume Two work samples each of writing, design, and photography