Fort Dodge, IA • Full-Time • Bachelor's Degree Required
CornerPost Marketing, a creative agricultural-based marketing and communications agency based in Fort Dodge, Iowa, is growing their team and client roster. They are seeking an Agriculture Content Writer to articulate the message of some of the best clients in the agriculture industry.
We are seeking a creative and detail-oriented Content Writer to develop content for print, digital, and social media platforms on agriculture topics and products. You will collaborate with our editorial and account teams to develop publication content, write copy for sales materials and marketing communications projects, create blog posts and engaging content for social media, develop email marketing copy, and support media and industry relations with releases. The Content Writer will also facilitate the strategy of content across multiple projects and will generate ideas for new content types.
• Brainstorm with the editorial team for new ideas and strategies for effective content that helps reach client goals or KPIs.
• Research topics and industry trends to create content that is innovative and original.
o Conduct interviews (onsite, phone or virtual) when applicable.
• Develop copy on a wide variety of agriculture topics and clients for multiple platforms (such as publications, digital, and social media).
• Collaborate with accounts team and creative team on fulfillment of content projects.
• Assist in the management of client publication projects.
• Serve as a content and strategy resource for client media and industry relations.
• Assist in developing sales copy and content for marketing campaigns.
• Create eye-catching and innovative headlines.
• Proofread content for errors and inconsistencies.
• Edit and polish existing content to improve readability.
• Conduct keyword research and use SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
• Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
• Identifying clients’ needs and recommend new content to address gaps in current content plans.
• Use of CornerPost collaboration tools including a project management system (Active Collab), and content development and workflow program (GatherContent).